Software Developer with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build REST web services that can scale and can handle terra bytes of data.
- Work on Presto proof concept that can query terra bytes of data from different sources at once.
- Scale the Apache Kafka system to deliver high throughput and low latency.
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions using Apache Flink.
- Design Data Models with layers like Raw, Curated and Reporting in Snowflake Data Warehouse.
- Develop automation scripts to handle the meta data conversion and store them in PL/SQL.
- Working on open-source tools like Apache Superset and integrate them with company specific Authentication and Authorization services.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Design and Develop Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines in Gitlab or similar tools.
- Deploy and monitor the services on the Kubernetes platform.
- Develop, deploy and managing Kubernetes applications or services through helm charts.
- Participating and contributing to weekly brown bag sessions and feature design.
- Participating in code reviews and coming up with good coding standards.
Work experience / Technologies required for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field or 5+ years Software Programming experience building scalable commercial applications or services in Java, Spring, Spring boot, Scala, Akka.
- Experience with Big Data processing Frameworks, Spark, Flink, Presto, Kafka is a Plus
- Exposure with Amazon Web Services and cloud-based technologies a strong plus
- Containerization and Container Orchestration like Docker, Kubernetes
- Exposure to Web Services, SOAP, REST services is a plus
- Experience with Test automation and Linux based scripting
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), Project Management tools (JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Gitlab).
- Knowledge of Software Architecture, design and ability to formulate and review designs.
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
565 Congress St, Suite # 305
Portland, ME 04101.