Data Scientist with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience equating to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned subjects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the end-to-end solution architecture for large scale technology products and deep technical products in distributed processing, real-time and scalable systems.
- Architect, Design and Develop Big Data streaming applications to use high performance and highly available systems.
- Design and Develop Spark applications in Scala that use DOM/SAX parsers for parsing incoming raw string/XML data and other textual data.
- Design and Develop AWS Cloud deployment scripts using AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform and Ansible.
- Design, Develop and Troubleshoot Hive, Pig, Flume, Mongo DB, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, HBase, Kafka and Strom.
- Fine tune applications and systems for high performance and higher volume throughput and Pre-Process using Hive and Pig.
- Translate Load and exhibit unrelated data sets in various formats and sources like AVRO, Parquet, JSON, Text files, Kafka queues and Log Data.
- Define Technology/Big Data strategy and roadmap for client accounts, and guides implementation of that strategy within projects.
- Drive excellent management skills to deliver complex projects, including effort/time estimation, to build detailed work breakdown structure (WBS), to manage critical path, and to use PM tools and Platforms.
- Build Scalable Client engagement level processes for faster turnaround and higher accuracy.
- Run regular Project reviews and Audits to ensure that projects are being executed within the guardrails agreed by all Stakeholders.
- Manage the Client Stakeholders and their expectations with a regular cadence of weekly meetings and status updates.
Work experience/Skills required for the position:
- 5+ years’ experience working with OOO programming languages such as Java, SpringBoot Microservices etc.
- 4+ years of experience with relational database concepts, SQL, and procedural languages; object-oriented design; Enterprise, distributed computing, and WEB-based computing methods; and design patterns.
- 3+ Years of Experience in Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS, Python, Scala etc.
- Must understand the concepts of SOAP and REST services as well as both XML and JSON message formats.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines using Jenkins/Circle CI.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development (TDD) implemented with JUnit, Mock objects, Stubs, Test suites, Test harness Web and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) implemented Gherkin, Cucumber.
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud is a plus.
- Experience working with the agile team tools (GitHub, JIRA, Bitbucket).
- Experience working with Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ IDE and Maven or Gradle.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and handle multiple priorities without compromising on quality.
Technologies / Environment involved:
- Distributed storage: AWS Cloud Storage (S3), Azure HD Insight, Google Cloud (GCP)
- Database management: Mongo DB, Cassandra, Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Redshift
- Graph Processing: Distributed Graph DB
- Machine learning: Spark Machine Learning Library (MLlib), TensorFlow, Keras
- Data processing: Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Pig, Flume, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Yarn, HBase, Kafka and Storm, Airflow, Spark-streaming
- Programming Languages: Java, Scala, Python [REST Framework]
- DevOps Tools: BitBucket, Git, Apache Maven, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker
Work location is Portland, ME with required travel to client locations throughout USA.
Rite Pros is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please Mail Resumes to:
Rite Pros, Inc.
565 Congress St, Suite # 305
Portland, ME 04101.